Monday 25 July 2011

End of Term

Over a year now since I left my day job - things are moving along nicely - bands big and small are booking to come back again and audience figures are for the most part creeping up!

I'm refining my website to reflect what I really want to do, and also to avoid getting myself embroiled in things I really don't want to do but was too naive or eager to prove myself to say no to straight away!

So, what I want to do is carry on putting on gigs with great musicians, and the occasional play, and I want you all to come along and have a good time - I'm also up for consultancy, leading seminars and other side projects related to being an event organiser and promoter!

To bands:

I've had great fun working with nearly all of you (no I'm not telling...)!

But....just as I remember that you're the expert and that's why I booked you - I am the boss of the event - turn up on time and don't take the p*** with the guest list and share the drinks rider between yourselves properly!

And.... if you want me to put on a show featuring YOU, you have to get on board with publicity. You have your own networks, myspaces social media - don't expect me to magic you an audience out of nowhere !!!!

To audiences: You've all been great, and thankyou for all the encouragement and positive feedback, it really spurs me on! but there's always one at every gig, and to answer a few of them:

To the man who didn't think the church was a good venue for a rock band (even though he'd come along to see the band at the church!) and asked me was I a rock....ummmm lady......Yes I think a church is a great place to hear live music of any sort, loud and exuberant or acoustic and melodious and everything in between, and yes I like to think of myself as a rock lady!

No, I'm not going to sell stella in cans.

No I'm not going to put on your brother's covers band.

Um yes, the gig should be in Time Out - don't you know how hard I'm trying?

Please bands and audiences - be nice to my music loving volunteer staff the Hel's Angels!

Also a reminder that although the next gig at St Paul's is some time away consider people living in the nearby streets when it's hometime.

A bit more time on my hands to update my website and get more gigs organised for 2012 so expect tweets, blogs and bombardments!

No comments:

Post a Comment