Tuesday 9 November 2010

Onwards

Wow - after all that excitement, the dramas leading up to the Dana Gillespie gig - it was a fantastic night - not without a hitch or two and a few lessons to be learned! Get the main act in and finished with sound-checking before 6 - have a fixed schedule for soundchecking! This will be so necessary esp in three band line-ups like 4th December - The Bitter Springs + BOHJ + Patrick Fitzgerald -double confirm their sound arrangements...anyway - everything was fabulous. My lindyhopping friends in their finery led the way with their dancing and the atmosphere was great - Dana and her band were wonderful - very polished and exciting - Dana herself powerful and also sensitive, genuine, warm...good news, she's coming back next year! Date to be confirmed and booked in the next day or two and will definitely be a weekend night.

So much adrenaline and enthusiasm about as interest in my projects builds - people are asking me to promote them, and I'm approaching others to come and perform - A photographer from Hounslow Chronicle is meeting me and Phil at church to take some pics for this Friday's edition and then I'm meeting my friend Anna from the Drama/Art dept at Brentford School for Girls to work out ways of involving their students in my events - hopefully one of them will be coming to film the Sean Millar gig this Friday! It feels a bit chaotic at times but a trusty to do list keeps me grounded as long as I remember to write things down.

So, Sean and Jim are coming from Ireland this Friday - it will be an emotional gig as Phil has not played with them professionally since the mid 90s and there'll be a lot of people there from Sean and Phil's different bands over the years -Sean hasn't played here in England for over 5 years and I can't wait! Hopefully all the flyering, pestering, facebooking etc will pay off and we'll see many of you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment